Throw a Sunset Soiree! July 27 2015
Rose Gold Jewellery, A Summer Cocktail And Other Sunset Soiree Essentials
A colouful sky at the end of every long, hot summer day, makes a sunset worth celebrating! Your backyard is perfect for a summer sunset soiree, and we have all the essentials from rose gold jewellery to the perfect summer cocktail!
We can't think of anything better than throwing a "just because" sunset soiree, and celebrating a perfect warm summer day with all of your closest friends and family (and some sparkling white wine, of course!).
While the beauty of the season takes care of all the big details like the weather, scenery, and summer vibes, you can always add a little mood lighting to the evening with candles, lanterns or twinkling patio lights.
Keep your guests cool on a hot summer night by serving everyone's favourite treat, coco-cold! For a trendy and chic dessert, scoop vanilla bean ice cream or some silky smooth natural fro-yo into coconut shells. If a summer cocktail is more your thing, entertain with the Sage and Grapefruit Mimosa, the perfect drink for a sunset soiree.
Summer Sunset Soiree Cocktail: Sage and Grapefruit Mimosa
- 4 ounces of fresh squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice, strained
- 1 1/2 ounce elderflower liqueur (we used St-Germain)
- 2 fresh sage leaves
- 4 ounces of Prosecco or sparkling white wine (or make it virgin by using Italian soda, instead!)
- Grapefruit slice or twist, for garnish
- Add grapefruit juice, elderflower liqueur and one of the sage leaves to a cocktail shaker filled with ice; shake until chilled.
- Strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Top with Prosecco and garnish with the remaining sage leaf and grapefruit slice.
Dont' forget to match your outfit to the occasion, and complement the sunset with rose gold jewellery and accessories. Two combos we absolutely love are the Alma Bracelet with the Malia Necklace, or the Mira Bracelet with the Uma Necklace. Mix and match the pieces as you please, or show them off all together. Trust us, this occasion calls for rose gold jewellery!
WHY WE LOVE This Look
"Rose gold jewellery perfectly accents a setting sun! (Plus, it goes with everything)."
— Hillberg & Berk